Welcome

This is the space that I am going to use to present my archive of work prior to 2000.

Going through old negatives I realized that I should digitize many of my old photographs. Many of the negatives were never printed, nor seen, and this is a chance to play catch up. From time to time I will lump a group into an online gallery.

This is not intended to be a retrospective of my best old photographs and I do not intend this to be an exercise in nostalgia. I am going to present the photographs that interest me and I hope that they give you enjoyment.

Thanks,

Ron


(Click on photographs to enlarge)

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Turkey Run State Park Pt. II

In somewhat the same vein as the singular tree growing out of the canyon floor, this photograph shows a tree growing out of the canyon wall. Again, the leafless tree branches are white against the texture of the rocky canyon wall. The top edge of the canyon wall is shown to give a little scale and dimension.

Trees, rocks and creeks are extremely overused subjects in art, especially in Indiana. Trying to get any combination of those elements to express anything poetic, to get past the scenic, is a huge challenge. These photographs approach that threshold, but I don't feel that they fully get past it. What do you think? Any comments would be appreciated.